Please remember that you are making three entries this week:
1. Your answer to one of the 3 questions
2. A comment on someone else's answer
3. A comment specifically addressing someone else's comment
1. When Papi says “Nothing wrong with sitting in a tree. It’s the same as sitting on a porch except it’s higher,” who is he really saying this for? Thinking back to Mami’s comment that Papi is a dreamer, do you think he and Ana Rosa are doing something similar with their time? Why or why not? Who is Ana Rosa most similar to, Mami or Papi? Why?
2. “He asked if I didn’t think I was wasting a lot of time, when I could be doing something to prepare for my future…” This was Guario’s comment to Ana Rosa about spending so much time in the gri gri tree. Do adults ever say something along these lines to you? How does it make you feel? Do you think it is a reasonable question on Guario’s part? Why or why not?
3. Why did Mama, who likes to “worship silence”, speak up about Ana being the best person to write the story? This isn’t in her character and yet she does it. Why? What do you think is the best part of the outcome for Ana Rosa?